10 Christmas Fun Ideas to do in the Fraser Valley.
- Christmas Train Bundle up your clan in toques and woolly sweaters, grab some hot chocolate climb on board the Bear Creek Park Christmas Train for an adventure through the festive forest. Santa is waiting at the station to meet and greet guests — little ones will receive a candy cane and an activity bag to take home. Toot, toot! When: Friday, Dec. 13 – Sunday, Jan. 5 (closed Dec. 25). Open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Where: 13750 88th Ave. Cost: Adults $5.50, Children $7
- Crafts with Santa’s Reindeer Feeling crafty? Grab your kiddies and head to the Seven Oaks Shopping Centre to make crafts with Santa’s Reindeer. The fun starts in the Customer Service desk — participants get to take home their masterpieces. When: Dec. 3, 10 and 17 from 11 am. to 2 p.m. Where: Seven Oaks Shopping Centre Cost: free
- Magic of Christmas Parade There’s just something magical about a Christmas parade that has even the biggest humbug feeling jolly — Langley City’s 10th Annual Parade is no exception. This special event will take place through the downtown core of Langley City, bringing together families and the community at large to celebrate the beginning of the Christmas season. The Magic of Christmas Parade has featured over 50 entries consisting of festive floats, bands, decorated vehicles, dance troupes, equestrian groups and community groups. When: Dec. 7 at 6 p.m. Where: Downtown Langley City Cost: free
- Christmas ‘Light up’ Parade Downtown Aldergrove will be transformed into a spectacular sea of lights when the floats come rolling into town. There is also carol singing and free hot chocolate. When: Dec. 14 at 6 p.m. Where: Downtown Aldergrove Cost: free
- Cloverdale Parade of Lights The best place to warm up your Christmas Spirit will be at the 8th Annual Surrey’s Santa Parade of Lights that now starts in the historic downtown of Cloverdale. This colorful parade features special guests from “Central City’s Santa’s Big Rigs for Kids” which is made up of lighted big rigs and trucks from The Island Equipment Owners Association and many local Fraser Valley trucks. Surrey’s Santa parade also includes floats, boats, horses, marching units, antique cars/trucks, buses and of course at the end of the parade will be Santa. The pre-parade festivities will include a variety of activities including music at Hawthorne Square which is located in the centre of the 5700 block of 176 St. by the Clova Cinema.
After the parade there will be the traditional Tree Lighting Ceremony by the Square with a chance for children to meet and greet Santa Claus. When: Sunday, Dec. 8 at 5 p.m. Where: Cloverdale Fairgrounds parking lot and will make its way to the historic 176 Street via 60th Ave. to 177B St. Then south on 177B St. and right on 58 Ave. The parade heads west to 176St. and then turns left and heads south to Highway #10 Cost: free (non-perishable donations to the Food Bank encouraged)
- Christmas on the Farm Come celebrate the magic of this holiday season at Maan Farms. Enjoy tractor sleigh-rides after a hearty meal from the Country Kitchen. Take a picture with Santa, decorate Christmas cookies and wish our friendly farm animals a Merry Christmas. The market is your one-stop-shop for all your holiday shopping. Looking for gift ideas? You’ll find seasonal gifts complete with unique stocking stuffers. When: Hours until Dec. 22 Tue-Sat from 9 a.m. to 5: 30 p.m., Sundays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Closed Mondays. Where: Maan Farms, 790 Mckenzie Rd. Cost: free admission
- 23rd Annual Christmas in William’s Park Come celebrate the holidays with your family and friends in the magical setting of Williams Park. The 23rd annual Christmas in Williams Park is a free family and community event. View the spectacular show of lights as you drive or walk through the park. When: Dec. 2-14 (click here for times) Where: 238 Street and 68 Avenue Cost: Free admission (donations greatly accepted)
- Pancake Breakfast with Santa Santa is coming to Backyard Vineyards. Bring the whole family for a morning filled with food, crafts, story time and a visit from the jolly one himself! It’s a perfect way to celebrate this magical time of year! Attendees will be served pancakes, sausages, fruit and juice. Adults will also have their choice of orange juice, mulled spiced wine or a Mimosa. Each child will leave with a gift from Santa. This event is to benefit the Langley Food Bank. Please bring non-perishable food items for donation. When: Dec. 14 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Where: Backyard Vineyards (3033 – 232nd Street, Langley, Cost: $8 per child and $10 per adult. Reservations required
- At the Greater Vancouver Zoo 5048-264th Street Aldergrove . Come visit Santa at Santa’s workshop on Dec 14, 15, 21 and 22 from 10 am to 3 pm. Make some holiday crafts, have story time, face painting, and visit some of Santa’s reptile creatures!
- Pancake breakfast with Santa December 15, Krause Berry Farm – 6179-248th Street Langley from 10am-1pm Free pancake breakfast by donation to Breast Cancer Research in memory of Liz Krause.