11 Christmas Fun Ideas to do in the Fraser Valley.
- Christmas Train Bundle up your clan in toques and woolly sweaters, grab some hot chocolate climb on board the Bear Creek Park Christmas Train for an adventure through the festive forest. Santa is waiting at the station to meet and greet guests — little ones will receive a candy cane and an activity bag to take home. Toot, toot! When: Friday, Dec. 13 – Sunday, Jan. 5 (closed Dec. 25). Open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Where: 13750 88th Ave. Cost: Adults $5.50, Children $7
- “The Nutcracker“: Royal City Youth Ballet Company production staged at Surrey Arts Centre’s main stage from Dec. 13 to 15, multiple show times. Info: 604-501-5566, www.royalcityyouthballet.org. “Cinderella”: Panto show from Royal Canadian Theatre Company runs from Dec. 20 to 29 at Surrey Arts Centre’s main stage, Bear Creek Park. Tickets via tickets. surrey.ca
- “Jingle”: AEB Productions presents Christmas-themed show starring Tony Barton, the Peanuts Gang 21-piece orchestra, The Agency Girls, Tracy Neff and others, 7:30 p.m. curtain Friday, Dec. 13 at Bell Performing Arts Centre, Surrey. Partial proceeds to supportive new pediatric emergency ward at Surrey Memorial Hospital. Tickets $37 for adults, $22 for “elves” 12 and under, via 604-417-7748
- Crafts with Santa’s Reindeer Feeling crafty? Grab your kiddies and head to the Seven Oaks Shopping Centre to make crafts with Santa’s Reindeer. The fun starts in the Customer Service desk — participants get to take home their masterpieces. When: Dec. 3, 10 and 17 from 11 am. to 2 p.m. Where: Seven Oaks Shopping Centre Cost: free
- Christmas ‘Light up’ Parade Downtown Aldergrove will be transformed into a spectacular sea of lights when the floats come rolling into town. There is also carol singing and free hot chocolate. When: Dec. 14 at 6 p.m. Where: Downtown Aldergrove Cost: free
- Skate with Santa When: Dec 22nd from 1:00-2:30pm Location: Aldergrove Community Arena —-2882-272nd Street Aldergrove
Join us for an afternoon of skating and fun!Winter Wonderland Public Skate When: Dec 16th from 6:30-8:00pm Location: Langley Events Centre 7888 – 200 Street Langley,Tis’ the season for sugar plums and skating fairies! Do not miss out on Winter Wonderland at the Langley Events Centre
- Christmas on the Farm Come celebrate the magic of this holiday season at Maan Farms. Enjoy tractor sleigh-rides after a hearty meal from the Country Kitchen. Take a picture with Santa, decorate Christmas cookies and wish our friendly farm animals a Merry Christmas. The market is your one-stop-shop for all your holiday shopping. Looking for gift ideas? You’ll find seasonal gifts complete with unique stocking stuffers. When: Hours until Dec. 22 Tue-Sat from 9 a.m. to 5: 30 p.m., Sundays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Closed Mondays. Where: Maan Farms, 790 Mckenzie Rd. Cost: free admission
- 23rd Annual Christmas in William’s Park Come celebrate the holidays with your family and friends in the magical setting of Williams Park. The 23rd annual Christmas in Williams Park is a free family and community event. View the spectacular show of lights as you drive or walk through the park. When: Dec. 2-14 (click here for times) Where: 238 Street and 68 Avenue Cost: Free admission (donations greatly accepted)
- Pancake Breakfast with Santa Santa is coming to Backyard Vineyards. Bring the whole family for a morning filled with food, crafts, story time and a visit from the jolly one himself! It’s a perfect way to celebrate this magical time of year! Attendees will be served pancakes, sausages, fruit and juice. Adults will also have their choice of orange juice, mulled spiced wine or a Mimosa. Each child will leave with a gift from Santa. This event is to benefit the Langley Food Bank. Please bring non-perishable food items for donation. When: Dec. 14 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Where: Backyard Vineyards (3033 – 232nd Street, Langley, Cost: $8 per child and $10 per adult. Reservations required
- At the Greater Vancouver Zoo 5048-264th Street Aldergrove . Come visit Santa at Santa’s workshop on Dec 14, 15, 21 and 22 from 10 am to 3 pm. Make some holiday crafts, have story time, face painting, and visit some of Santa’s reptile creatures!
- Pancake breakfast with Santa December 15, Krause Berry Farm – 6179-248th Street Langley from 10am-1pm Free pancake breakfast by donation to Breast Cancer Research in memory of Liz Krause.