The Stats Are In! Greyfriars Realty Team sold
over 100 properties in 2013!
ARE YOU READY TO GET BACK INTO THE MARKET?
2013 Was a tuff year for Seller
Housing market conditions have improved in most regions of the province. Rising consumer demand and total active listings down nearly 9 per cent has either pulled or is pulling BC housing markets into balanced conditions, where neither buyers nor sellers have the advantage. With a stronger than expected pull-back of resale inventories, the average home price in the province is now forecast to rise by 4.3 per cent to $537,100 this year. As consumer demand continues on an upward trajectory, many potential home sellers that have been holding off for stronger market conditions will likely decide to put their homes on the market, keeping the market well supplied.
Lets Get it sold Ask the experts
Our Job as your realtor is to help you with all your needs- before, during and after the sale. Here are a few ideas to help you perk-up your home’s appearance. Call us today to see what types of improvements make the most sense for your home.
Start with the outside: an inviting exterior ensures that potential buyers will inspect the interior.
• Keep lawns and gardens well maintained;
• Ensure garage and porch areas are free of clutter and refuse;
• Repair loose siding or pavement;
• Replace any damaged roof shingles, eaves troughs or cracked windows;
• Wash windows, gutters, mailbox and doors;
• Secure loose shutters or awnings.
The inside story: you can do a lot to improve the inside of your home without spending a great deal of money. Two primary areas to keep in mind are the kitchen and bathroom
• Ensure kitchen and bathrooms are sparkling clean;
• Repair dripping facets and showerheads;
• Steam clean or replace carpets if necessary;
• Thoroughly clean every room in the house, removing all clutter;
• Repaint dingy walls or kitchen cabinets with a neutral colour;
• Replace worn or outdated countertops and cracked light-switch plates.
• Remove any items (like chandeliers) that won’t be included in the sale of the home.
Remember, the more effort put into the initial clean up, the easier it will be to keep your home looking its best for visits from your realtor with prospective buyers.